Say Yes Syracuse has worked in close partnership with Syracuse University, the Syracuse City School District, the City of Syracuse, Onondaga County, Onondaga County Community College, the Syracuse Teachers Association, as well as with community-based organizations and local businesses, toward a single, overriding goal: to ensure that every student in Syracuse has the ability to reach his or her academic potential. The partnership is providing comprehensive support services and college scholarships to help students succeed and it is backing efforts by SCSD to become the most improved urban district in the nation.
- More than 2,800 Say Yes students have enrolled in 2 and 4-year colleges (public and private) since the fall of 2009 (for detailed info see table below).
- More than 200 SCSD students in grades 9 to 12 received SAT prep services at no cost during the 2014-2015 school year.
- More than 30 SCSD High School graduates attended a 5-week pre-college Summer Success Academy at OCC in 2015. Students took courses, received academic support and learned about college life.
- More than 5,000 SCSD students enrolled in Say Yes extended day programs in 2014-2015.
- More than 2,900 students attended Say Yes extended year programs during the summer of 2015.
- 9th-grade dropout rates have declined.
To find out more, please read our Five Year Progress Report or view our enrollment data.
To learn about the impact Say Yes to Education Syracuse has made watch this video!